Sender:
From:
Roger Hamperian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:52:25 -0400
Welcome to the list Stacy,

I'm sure you'll be hearing from Mark Myers on this if you haven't
already, but I'll put in my 2 cents as well. The first thing you should
be aware of is that, in Kentucky, public records which are either
scheduled as permanent or whose retention is greater than ten years,
must have manual eye-readable counterparts such as paper or microfilm.
This requirement may be waived by the Director of the Public Records
Division if procedures specified by Policy Memorandum on Optical Storage
of Public Records PM 96-1
<http://www.kdla.ky.gov/recmanagement/tutorial/PM96-1.htm>  are met.
This document, along with a wealth of other relevant information is
available on the Records Management section of the Kentucky Department
for Libraries and Archives website
http://www.kdla.ky.gov/recmanagement.htm.

The question of formats is addressed by Electronic Records Management
Guidelines - File Formats
<http://www.kdla.ky.gov/recmanagement/tutorial/fileformats.htm> . Please
feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Roger Hamperian

Records Management Analyst Sr.

L.F.U.C.G. Records Center and Archives

1306 Versailles Road