Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:20:46 -0600
From:
Garet Bleddynn <[log in to unmask]>
Alex,

I know that when it pertains to financial records, there are certain
required periods of time, frequently seven years. I used to be a
Series 6 and 63 registered representative for the NASD, and I also
worked at Vanderbilt University Medical Center as an administrative
assistant dealing with grants.

I am going by memory, but I know we had to maintain financial
transaction records for seven years. When dealing with grants, the
document retention plan required us to keep documents for seven years
after the date the grant closed. So if a grant was renewed and
maintained for 20 years, we actually had to maintain files for 27
years. Yeah, convoluted, and I went round and round with different
departments making sure we were understanding the federal requirements
because we were just running out of room!

Garet

--
M. Garet Bleddynn