Sender:
From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:57:32 -0500
Good day Earl....

I am not a vendor but a user of services and suffered the same fate you
are describing.

My thoughts are that you are buying a service but the individuals you will
be working with are just as important.  I look at both areas knowing that
at any given time the situation could change.  I once had an account
manager who was outstanding.  She was quick to look after our needs and
quick to jump on any problems that occurred.  She went on maternity leave
and for some unknown reason, did not come back.  It was not her choice.  I
called the VP of sales and voiced my displeasure.  He made up a story that
I knew was incorrect.  Our relationship with him and his company will
never be the same.

Note to vendors:  If you want to keep your customers, be up-front with
them.  Do not lie to them or make up stories.  Make it difficult for your
good staff to leave....they are as important to you as they are to us.

John Annunziello, CRM, ermm
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"

"Johnson Jr., Earl" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
02/24/2010 04:40 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Anyone else agitated by [constant] vendor personnel turnover?

Good afternoon and please excuse the venting, but I recently met the third
account manager we've had in less than three years, for the offsite
storage company we're using.  Now don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice
guy and I'm sure will do well, but still, three-in less than three years?
And I just got a [cold] call from the third (or is it fourth) sales rep of
the same ERM company looking for our business, again, in less than three
years.  I understand that people change jobs all the time-I've had a
number of RM jobs in my career, but for me, it's difficult establishing a
relationship with a vendor when your customer rep/account manager keeps
changing.

Not necessarily looking for any answers-just wanted to vent on this
bright, sunny Atlanta day, but if any vendors want to weigh in on this
one, feel free.

It does bring to mind a couple of questions though, is your relationship
with your vendor, or with the account manager?  I mean, I understand that
a contract will be with the vendor, but if you have a really good
relationship with an account manager at a particular vendor and he/she
leaves for a competitor, would you also be inclined to leave too (assuming
you could get out of your agreement) and follow him/her?  Years ago when I
worked for an oil & gas company in Houston, over the course of several
years I'd developed a really good relationship with the general manager of
the small offsite storage company we used then, until they were bought out
by you-know-who.  He stayed with "them" for awhile, then left.  I wanted
to change vendors because of the poor service we started to get, but
couldn't because of our contract.

As usual, any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks.
Earl

Pipeline Records and Information Management Excellence... Get PRIMEd!
Earl Johnson, Jr., CRM  |  Corporate Records Manager
Colonial Pipeline Company  |  1185 Sanctuary Parkway, Suite 100,
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  Office:
678-762-2586  |  Blackberry: 404-402-4420
[cid:image001.png@01CAB56F.32ACC060]<http://www.colpipe.com/>
This message may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s) named above. Any disclosure, distribution, copying
or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate
reply and delete the original message.

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

"*PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT WHEN DECIDING TO PRINT THIS MESSAGE*

Toronto and Region Conservation Authority Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this communication including any attachments
may be confidential, is intended only for use of the recipient(s) named
above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of the message is not
distribution,disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
resend this communication to the sender and delete it permanently from
your computer system.

Thank you."