Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:26:27 -0500
From:
Walt Stoelting <[log in to unmask]>
Janet,
I have done some limited consulting in utilities, not an expert though.  One issue to consider is whether your state regulations require that you have the original blueprints with the PE Signature (and stamp).  I know some states (and it's been a while for me) used to require the PE sig to be original.

Past that, if your internal clients are satisfied with your scanning quality and consent to destroying the paper originals and relying on the electronic image, you should be OK.  As always, ensure your scanning and QC processes are documented and followed.  Documenting your QC error rates is a good idea.

Hope this helps a little

Walt