Sender:
From:
"Kaminski, Kim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:25:51 -0500
Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted so let me introduce myself
again.  My name is Kim Kaminski and I work for an Aerospace and Defense
Company.  I am the Corporate Director of Contracts and am actively
working with the Records Manager to help improve our records process.
So please do not think ill of me if I show my records management
ignorance!

The corporation I'm employed by has over 18000 employees in 22 states.
Our records management database allows end users to enter the
information into a database. The users selects the title for the record
being stored, and then enter the files by title. I am curious as to how
others are entering data into their records systems.  Do you have the
records personnel input the data or do you have the users input the
data?  Our current process relies on the end user to itemize the files
they are putting into storage and we get push back from people that
don't want to itemize the information being put into storage.  If you
have the users put in the information any advice on how to make that
pill easier to swallow?  The old maxim garbage in garbage out is used as
an argument to help convince the user to enter the detailed information.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Kim Kaminski

ATK

Corporate Director of Contracts