Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:08:25 -0400
From:
Annemarie Toth-Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
I just thought I would pass on some information about an inexpensive
software solution we've just discovered for helping staff save Outlook
email messages.  It is called MessageSave.  We are just testing it now,
but I do know another organization that has been using it successfully.
Its main attraction for us is that it will make it easy for staff to
integrate their email records with the records on their network drives
and to batch save messages now in pst files.  Used together with desktop
search software like Windows Search or Copernic Desktop Search this will
be an inexpensive solution to better managing our email.

Additional software available from the same company that also looks
interesting and we plan to test is SimplyFile.  This software uses an
algorithm to learn where you typically file and help you reduce the time
you spend filing.

If anyone has used these products, I would be interested in knowing how
well they have worked for you.

Annemarie Toth-Waddell
Manager, Records Management Program
Office of Information Management
Information and Technology Services Division
Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Queen's Park
Toronto ON M7A 1A2
416-314-8515