Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:29:38 -0400
If you are receiving comments indicating individuals 'experiences' ask for
specifics, otherwise you'll more likely receive 'opinions'.

As stated many times before, opinions are like elbows, everyone has one and
most of them stink... oh now waitaminute... most everyone has TWO elbows,
and I guess they typically don't smell too bad... now WHAT WAS IT that
everyone has one of??? =)

There are many more factors to consider when determining a salary or salary
range than simply certification. Years of experience, education, RELEVANT
experience to the industry segment or specific position, ability to obtain a
clearance (if needed), public v. private sector experience, familiarity with
laws or regulations (where needed), and the list goes on.

While the data collected indicated a 31% salary difference and represented
237 respondents, it didn't say what percentage of the total that number was,
nor did it say how many years experience the CRMs v. non-CRMs had.  And the
CRMs salary may in part have been related to their years of experience and
education COMBINED with the CRM, not exclusively related to the certification.

Data represented in surveys always needs to be closely analyzed to determine
what questions were asked to obtain what data points are represented. It's
not uncommon to tailor questions within a survey to present a certain set of
results that was desired by the parties conducting the survey to support
their positions.

Ask the general RIM public who the leading ECM product is, then ask
Microsoft, and I'm sure you'll find staggeringly different responses.

This is based on my experiences in past hiring opportunities and my opinion.
 The last two positions I was hired for had said "CRM desired"- when I asked
the hiring manager if they knew what a CRM was, neither did.

Larry