Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:48:28 -0500
From:
Amy Harrelson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi Dwight,
  I am glad you brought this up.  This statement can be taken many way - and one way I see it is a records 101 initiative.  I think at times we get a little to blinded by the critics saying things like:  "what about this technology or that technology and how will you handle it... it is so new and so different than anything we have ever seen."  When in reality the same basic principles apply to modern technology as once did to paper.  Know what you have, how it works, and create policy and procedure around it.  I know that is a very simple illustration leaving out finite details but... if you can give your customer something that works for them and does not blow the budget while demonstrating compliance then you are always going to get the invite to the table and a reputation as a doer - you just need to invest a little bit of time getting to understand the organization you are working for.
  I understand and agree that we need to know and learn about new and emerging technologies and at times think a little outside of the box but we cannot negate those basic RM principles we know because they do in fact give us value.

>>Making people's lives easier and saving them money is a winning strategy
that will get you invited to the "C" level table and every other table in
the alphabet.

Thanks,
 Amy