Sender:
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:30:35 +0000
From:
"Heraldo, Karen (CA - Toronto)" <[log in to unmask]>
I believe part of the situation calls for a paradigm shift by all of us in business - especially leadership.  Most every Assistant type job and Specialized Services position I know of would be able to, today, create 2 or 3 more positions from what they are currently doing.  What I have experienced is really bright people being told to "juggle more balls". As long as profit is the motivator this will continue to happen.
As the private-sector begin to look for new "corporate-social value" business models I am hoping this mentality will change.  Research has shown it has changed in the minds of our millennials where all work is honourable and the purpose of business is for societal development!

In my opinion an Assistant Records Manager and Senior Records Clerk are very different and the range for a Senior clerk seems to be low.

Karen Heraldo
Central Filing
Consulting Practice
Deloitte Inc.
Commerce Court South
30 Wellington Street West
P.O. Box 400, Stn Commerce Court
Toronto Ontario M5L 3G7
CANADA
Direct Line:       (416) 874-3213
Phone Number: (416) 775-8500
Fax Number:     (416) 874-4300

"It's not information if you can't find it!"