Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:24:42 -0500
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Simple tricks to thwart theft.  I fail to delete RECMGMT files I haven't had time to read.  Heck, I have a Mavis Beacon Typing Course on there.  I think it is from High School?? My iPhone has every text my daughter and I have ever sent.  I have technical papers on Digits to Dust, Magnetic Shielding, articles my friends sent me. About 60 Gb of NFPA and ISO Standards info.

I have programs so old that Tech guys are blown away. In fact, when I travel I leave a slew of babbling hackers in my wake. They look for that needle in the haystack of useful information.  I am no records manager, I am a records Hoarder. My photos have Sports Illustrated Swim Suit models who are now so old they are in wheel chairs.

So the solution is to be an ocean of data. Make them work for it and keep nothing of value on the computer. If I have learned anything, it is that no matter what you put on the computer, they can hack it. Make them search like some treasure hunter looking for Atlantis.

As one hacker emailed to me "Get a life man. 2200 pictures of your dog, 5000 of your kids, 1500 pictures of records centers, 2700 pictures of your vault door.  It's a door, they all look the same.  Your photos of data centers that don't have the capacity of my Smart phone are ridiculous.... signed HackChing  P.S. LimpingDuck has quit Cloud Hacking due to your digital detritus. He was babbling about retention and classification as he stumbled out the door..

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM