Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:53:19 -0700
From:
Laura Steinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
IMHO I can see the difference between data mapping and retention scheduling, but I understand the connection.  In its most basic form, researching the origination and uses of documents when putting together a retention schedule leads to all sorts of discoveries about how the original was created and where the original resided; how and why copies were generated; were copies created on a copier or where they part of a NCR form?  In my mind, this initial discovery of a trail of a document is much like data mapping.  We've just expanded the possibilities and added a few IT questions to our inventory forms.

--
Epsten Grinnell & Howell APC
Attorneys at Law

Laura Steinberg, Records Manager

10200 Willow Creek Road, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92131
Phone: (858) 527-0111  Fax: (858) 527-1531
Visit Our Website: http://www.epsten.com

This message contains information which may be confidential or legally
privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or are authorized to receive
e-mail for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone
the message or any information contained in the message or any attachment.
If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the message any attachments, and destroy all
hard copies. Thank you.