Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:13:51 -0500
ah paper recycling a subject near and dear to my heart. Several years ago I
established paper recycling programs for two different companies, and
advised one other company.

 IIRC there are approximately 40 different grades of paper and each has a
different value. Cardboard has the highest value i believe. Each grade
brings a different price. the longer the "thread" the higher the value.
Greenbar paper brought a high price while mixed lot brought a much lower
value see the link for what one firm pays
http://www.earthworksrecycling.com/paperIndex.html

that said you have to balance out the need. I prefer shredding everything
in this day and age of privacy laws takes the decision making out of the
employees' hands as to whether or not the document should be shredded.

Shredded paper generally gets turned into toilet paper, paper toweling and
egg cartons

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas