Date:
Tue, 27 May 2014 18:07:36 +0000
From:
"Johnson Jr., Earl" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
While I think I would've turned them over to law enforcement, I would've also contacted both the bank (to let them know) and the newspaper (banks hate that kind of publicity) too.  Years ago, shortly after I had just become the RM for a bank, a local TV news station--after receiving a tip, went "dumpster diving" at one of their branches.  They found deposit and withdrawal tickets, receipts, checks, and other bank transaction records stuffed in plastic bags that someone had just thrown away as trash, instead of shredding them--as was the policy. Of course it was all over the evening news.  Customers were outraged and to say that bank management was also outraged, is an understatement.  Don't quote me on this, but as I recall both the branch manager and the assistant branch manager were fired over that incident.

Thanks.
Earl

Pipeline Records and Information Management Excellence... Get PRIMEd!
Earl Johnson, Jr., CRM
Corporate Records Manager
Colonial Pipeline Company
1185 Sanctuary Parkway, Ste. 100
Alpharetta, GA  30009
Email: [log in to unmask]  |  Internet: www.colpipe.com
Office: 678-762-2586  |  Mobile: 404-402-4420  |  Fax: 678-762-2315