Sender:
From:
Steve Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2014 01:55:46 -0400
Excellent points Robert, and very well stated.

More than a few years ago I wore olive drab garments and did missions on
the other side of the world directed by and results reported directly to
the NSA.  The pertinent info coming out in the western media two days to
two weeks later sometimes bore little resemblance to the truth.  Good ole
USA federal government and agencies...; bless their hearts.  Some
administrations are more upfront than others.  This may surprise some but
RMN's administration was usually fairly upfront and honest..., not always
obviously.

RIM and IG...;Enron had an excellent ethics program; training schedules
looked good.  However, writing an excellent Ethics program document and
impressive-looking training program does not alleviate greed and
fear-driven actions.   Lust for and serving the Almighty Dollar...  Turns
out their disgraced CEO was raised about thirty miles from my Dad's ranch.

Many years ago I worked for a Fortune 100 utility company; I was there for
twelve years.  Early on in my tenure with them one project I had was to
research and write a retention policy schedule for executives.  Many years
later, after I had moved on to another organization in my career, the
company got into some hot water with ethics $$$...; the CEO was fired; the
Chief Legal Counsel (on their Board) was fired, other heads rolled, and my
executive contact during the project testified under oath that he had never
heard of an Executive Retention Policy Schedule... uh huh..., yep.  I also
heard someone else, at that time, was directed to shred all paper files and
folders associated with the retention policy program; this was probably
about fifteen to twenty linear filing feet of paper documentation.  I would
have refused to do that..., even though I hate paper.

I wish all a happy and healthy Independence Day weekend celebration.  For
those not from the USA please celebrate with us.  I am at my lake place...;
the Bud is cold; life can be good!

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM, IGP