Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:03:09 -0700
From:
Susan Beamer <[log in to unmask]>
We have a couple of interesting foods...Lentils, are one.  How many ways
can you prepare lentils??  You can even make creme brulee and pie out of
them.  I didn't get to the taste the creme brulee, but everyone who tasted
it said it was yummy.  The pie was interesting, a little heavy, but not
bad.  We have a Lentil festival in August (we are touted as the 'lentil
capital of the world'-not sure if that is true but the community party is
fun).

We also make a cheese called "Cougar Gold" at the creamery of our local
university.  Finally, we have an ice cream made at the same creamery.  The
ice cream recently won an award!

Apple Cup Crisp ice cream from Washington State University has been named
the grand champion out of 12 university-made ice cream flavors in the 2014
Progressive Dairyman magazine?s Flavor Faceoff.  It won't be officially
announced until the Sep 12 issue of the magazine, but the university was
informed a couple days ago.  I guess I better go try it!

Susan Beamer
Records [and Archives] Manager
Eastern Washington State