Sender:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 21:26:51 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>, AIN <[log in to unmask]>, RECMGMT-UK <[log in to unmask]>, ARCHIVES-UK <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
A Cautionary Tale: How a Bug in Dropbox Permanently Deleted 8,000 of My
Photos
*If you are using Dropbox as a sole backup of your files, think again.
Without making a mistake, you might lose your files.*

I started using Dropbox back in 2009 and have always loved the service.
Over time, I kept moving more and more files to my Dropbox folder and
eventually had to upgrade to the Pro plan to keep up with the space
requirements. In particular, I moved there all of my photos in order to be
able to view/share them online and also to have them backed up.

In April of this year, a hard drive in my laptop was running low on space
so I decided to use the Dropbox’s Selective Sync feature to unsync some
large directories from the laptop. Because there was never any problem with
the service and also because it’s already the year 2014, I thought it might
be about time that one can trust a cloud-based storage service and use them
as a sole backup of their files. Boy, I was wrong.

 http://bit.ly/1u5lp8S

Source:
http://petapixel.com/2014/07/31/cautionary-tale-bug-dropbox-permanently-deleted-8000-photos/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1u5lp8S+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar