Sender:
From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:01:42 -0400
First of all, it's not the basement; it's the fourth floor where there are
numerous air-conditioner pipes.  One of those pipes burst in 2011, but they
told us none of the records got wet; we found out a year later that they
had.  We have offered to help several times and were thanked, but nothing
ever happened.  Mississippi Department of Archives and History has no
enforcement power; we can only offer advice and help.  We're going back
this morning to try again.  Fortunately, the county just voted Monday to
start collecting the $1 records management fee that funds my office.

Tim Barnard