Sender:
From:
Gary Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:20:49 -0400
In Windows 7. when you open My Computer, and then open a folder to view a
list of documents - highlight a document and at the bottom of the window
you see certain properties (metadata) fields show up already populated and
other ones that are blank that you can populate then for that document.
For certain document types (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) (and not a .pdf)
fields included are "Tag," "Category," "Content Status," and "Content
Type." So I've been searching the web for info on how these can be used.
There is info on tagging and libraries, but not any so far on "Category,"
for which I am thinking "Record Series Code."

Does anyone use this feature to classify your documents and can you do
anything with it besides search?

Gary Link
Pittsburgh, PA

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com