Sender:
From:
Tyrene Bada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:28:34 +0000
Hi David,

You bring up an excellent question:  "Is the difference in Listserv content today marked more by the answers or rather by the very nature of the questions?"

My answer to this question is: BOTH.

First of all, in full disclosure, I have been an "active" member of the listserv for only a few years, and my experience may differ from others' experiences.

I believe that more of the questions do not require as much of a lengthy, philosophical response, and, therefore, the answers are not quite as thought provoking as in the past.  Furthermore, the questions that may need more of an explanation are not answered in as fully fleshed out thoughts as in previous years.  There also seems to be less questions asked in general.

Which brings me to my confession:  Even though I felt more confident in providing my 2-cents immediately after I obtained my CRM, I felt intimidated when it seemed people began to pay attention to what I had to say.  All of a sudden, I was (in a way) representing a well-respected group, and I became self-conscious about every post I made.  What doesn't help my confidence is knowing that every single post is archived from March 2000.  What is the retention on these posts, anyway?

I am proud to be an INTJ personality type, and, maybe like other introverts, am a deep-thinker.  However, I need to take my time when responding to a large group of people.  I would like to craft my words and sentences clearly and re-read and proof my statements, which can take some time.

After all of the wonderful things I have received from the IG/RM community, I will make a better effort to make meaningful contributions to the list.  Even though people's needs change, I see that these posts are sent to almost 2000 email addresses.  I will try to not be afraid about flamers and will be more open to constructive discussions.  Besides, I feel the list admins have my back and will keep the "not-so-nice" people away.  Perhaps more activity and more quality content will bring more discussions.

The interactions I have had in this group have been rewarding and fruitful.  I hope everyone's experience will continue to be positive and insightful.

Sincerely,
Tyrene

*** 2014 EPIC LISTSERV PARTY! | Sunday, October 26, 7:00pm | Location: TBA ***

Tyrene Bada, MLS, CRM
Office of the City Attorney | City of Beaverton, Oregon

Vice President-Programs, Oregon Chapter of ARMA International
2014-2015 Board of Directors, NW Chapter of AIIM

Save our in-boxes!  http://emailcharter.org

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.