Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:53:25 -0500
Comments:
To: RAINbyte <[log in to unmask]>
IRS - Fiscal Year 2014 Statutory Review of Compliance With the Freedom of
Information Act

TIGTA is required to conduct periodic audits to determine if the IRS
properly denied written requests for taxpayer information.  TIGTA is also
required to include the results in one of its Semiannual Reports to
Congress.  This is TIGTA’s fifteenth review of denials of FOIA, Privacy
Act, and I.R.C. § 6103 information requests.

The overall objectives of this audit were to determine whether the IRS
improperly withheld information requested by taxpayers in writing, based on
FOIA exemption (b)(3), in conjunction with I.R.C. § 6103, and/or FOIA
exemption (b)(7) or by replying that responsive records were not
available.  Specifically, this included determining whether the IRS had
adequate and effective policies and procedures to ensure that all of these
requests were processed timely and information was not improperly
withheld.  In addition, TIGTA determined whether IRS disclosure officers
erroneously disclosed sensitive taxpayer information when responding to
written FOIA, Privacy Act, or I.R.C. § 6103 information requests.

*WHAT TIGTA FOUND*

http://1.usa.gov/1vH0oBq

Source:
http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2014reports/201430064fr.html
See if people are clicking on this link: http://1.usa.gov/1vH0oBq+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar