Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2014 08:29:07 -0700
As I've said many times before, this should come as NO SURPRISE to anyone,
given the lack of resources, and the lack of clear guidance to comply with
the mandates.  There is insufficient staffing to analyze existing systems
to determine a path forward and a complete lack of funding for hardware,
software and training to implement systems.

http://www.fedweek.com/item-view.php?tbl=3&ID=6026

But what I found MOST troublesome about this article was the concept that
the Agency IGs will require $20MM to 'report on a regular basis on records
management and retention of electronic mail' between now and 2016, and
they're requesting funding FOR THIS?!?!?!

WHAT ABOUT the funding required to "acquire additional hardware and
software" for the Agencies? Obviously, if they don't get the $$ to procure
and implement systems and the train staff, the IG is going to have a field
day writing up all the missed targets... does ANYONE think that's more
important? I certainly hope not!!

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*