Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:35:00 +0000
From:
"Callen, Jeanne M" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Larry wrote:

"So, *IF* people are potentially putting records in these bins, or non-records that are
"information identified as Internal Use Only, Confidential or Restricted "
"You have identified a possible "compliance gap".  The only way to avoid it is to audit a sample of the contents of the bins to verify no one is putting items in there that you are REQUIRED TO SHRED to remain in compliance, then educate people afterwards."

Larry, everything that goes into those bins is required to be shred - my question is about the Certificates of Destruction - because we do not know the contents of the bins - do I need to retain the Cert of Destructions?  What value do they provide?

Thank you,
Jeanne

This electronic communication may contain confidential information. If you, the reader of this electronic communication, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this electronic communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this electronic communication in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete the original version of this electronic communication, any of its contents (including attachments), and any copies of the foregoing from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.