Sender:
From:
Andrew Penta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:04:59 -0500
Good luck on your upcoming exams.

I had to take the CRM Part 6 exam twice. One thing I did differently the
second time that I feel helped me pass was that I really focused on the
specific steps that would be taken to initiate a RIM program at an organization
that had never had one, or similarly, steps that would be used to turn-around
a RIM program that had been long neglected.

Yes, there will be technology and policy components to consider, but most
likely somewhere, on at least one of the exam questions, there will be the
opportunity to present detail on basic steps: seek executive sponsorship,
create a records inventory, create a retention schedule, apply the schedule to
obsolete backlog, etc. That approach should be good for quite a number of
points.

And use good spelling and grammar.

Andrew Penta, CRM, CDIA+
Records Officer,