Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:09:14 +0000
From:
"Meinhardt, Peggy" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Jessie wrote:
>>Well, Denver did host 1 ARMA conference. Why it hasn't come back I have no
idea:

- Centrally located to all of North America
- Major airport hub
- Significant renovations to the convention center in last 10 years, quadrupling its size (not that ARMA needs that much exhibit space any more)
- Lots of large hotels that are *also* capable of hosting a conference
- Significantly cheaper than most recent ARMA host cities
- Big host chapter (who I'm sure will love that I am volunteering them hehe)
- Lots of stuff to do downtown - arts center, sports, etc.
- Microbrew capitol of the US and increasingly known for our wines and spirits also

Biggest challenge is that our average first snowfall is around mid-October, but having a late Sept/early Oct ARMA would probably eliminate that as an issue

So....uh....anyone?<<

Isn't the Denver airport new too?  Or at least newly renovated?
I had a stopover there on the way back from SanDiego and it was really nice.  Much better than the crowded San Diego airport.

Peggy Meinhardt
Orange County Comptroller's Office
Orlando FL