Sender:
From:
"Millican, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:47:32 +0000
In the short term, my response will probably not be of much assistance.  In the long term, though, I hope this helps.

Retention guidelines, procedures and policies need to be crystal clear and leave no room for this type of vagueness, or ambiguity.  It is indeed this type of cloudiness that can result in legal conflicts which can pit one against another in the presence of a judge; and have the possibility of resulting in extensive damage to organizations, their employees and their clients.

For this particular situation, it could be best trying to get the disagreeing parties to agree on what is a suitable interpretation of the guideline.  Once clarity has been establish, re-write the guideline (to include all other vague and ambiguous language) so that this type of "interpretative activity" is no longer needed or even possible.

These comments are Bill Millican's and do "not" represent in any way the position of my employer, any of our employees or our clients.

Bill Millican
Information Technology | National Office | BKD, LLP
910 E. St. Louis St., Suite 400 Springfield, MO 65806
417.831.7283 ext. 10244

[cid:E206D28D-9AB2-4F7B-A22D-AC6C43E06438]