Sender:
From:
Julie Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2015 20:58:36 -0400
I have been a member of this ListServ for 10+ years now and have appreciated
very much all the wisdom I have gained from all of you.  I am posting now to
once again ask for your assistance as I embark on a new journey.  I apologize if
this post is not allowed….

I am working with a non-profit called Return 2 Haiti to assist them with the
building of a library in a town called Belle Anse located in rural Southeast Haiti.
This library will be the only public library in the region and will serve a
population of approximately 60,000 adults and school children.  The library will
serve both the public and the local schools. Area teachers will bring the
children for educational activities, as their schools do not provide library
services.  We have received a donation of approximately 2,000 books written in
French.  But our building site is in great need of repairs and furniture.

Because this ListServ is comprised of records managers and librarians, I thought
there might be some interest in this project.  Once the funds are available, I
will be traveling to Haiti to set up the library!  There may be some opportunity
for other qualified persons to participate as well if there is interest.  Be sure to
check out our Facebook site for more information or to donate to the project
and thank you for your interest!

https://www.facebook.com/return2haiti?ref=bookmarks

Please visit us at www.return2haiti.org

Julie Fleming, CRM