Sender:
From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2015 09:44:00 -0500
Ok.... This is not a criticism nor any item designed to spur too much
concern about the ARMA Conferences of the future.  I am sure that there
will be more excellent conferences in the future.

Now, given that, some of us are nearing "that age" when we begin slowly to
"retire" from different portions of our lives.  This year will likely be my
last "regularly attended" Conference, though I may appear at others,
depending on how cool the location might be.  I won't need any credits for
my CRM after this one.

All this to get to a question/request....If some of you will be attending
your final/last Conference and would like to find a time to get together
for a quick drink while there, let me know at [log in to unmask]

Not much need for discussion on the topic.  Many of us who are in that
'late-stage' of our careers are beginning to pull back from activities
beyond our jobs..... I saw the same thing happen with those who were in
that stage when I was in my 30s and 40s, and it shouldn't come as a
surprise.

As for those who are young, or in mid-career.... ARMA's a great group with
which to work.  It's a great association for which to volunteer and offers
a great opportunity for those who wish to further their careers with
education and leadership development.