Sender:
From:
Hilary Henkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:32:55 -0700
This was obscure to me, anyway:

I came across files reflecting an effort that the City of Los Angeles tried
to develop Reseda Blvd all the way through the Santa Monica Mountains, from
the San Fernando Valley to what is now Pacific Palisades.  When Mrs Rogers
died in 1944, the estate was destined to become a state historic park, and
that's when the push happened.  Reseda Blvd would've ended just north of
the park, so it would've been a perfect way to get to the beaches.

I now forget why it didn't happen, but to this day, there is a fire road
matching the likely path the road would've taken, and it's a favorite of
bicyclists.  And there's a lot of land between the Sepulveda Blvd pass and
the Topanga Canyon pass - it would've been nice.

Hilary Henkin
City of Los Angeles Records Center and Archives