Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:51:28 -0500
From:
Donald Lueders <[log in to unmask]>
Be sure to note the last statement in this article by the Justice
Department's acting chief privacy officer: "Our resources are really,
really stretched," he said. "And the information technology professionals
are the ones who are going to get us out of this mess."

As I allude to in the comment I posted to the article, the Federal records
management 'mess' will not be resolved by IT professionals.  In fact, the
notion that this is a technology problem is what's gotten us here in the
first place.  To solve the tremendous information lifecycle challenges
every agency faces today (and prepare for the tsunami of new information
coming in the near future), massive volumes of useless, risky and expensive
agency information must be defensibly destroyed.  And only qualified,
experienced agency RECORDS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS are willing AND capable
of doing that.  Until the Federal government understands that, this 'mess'
will only get worse.

Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA

Chantilly, VA