Sender:
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2017 19:43:10 +0000
From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
>> I've always thought of them as permanent records<<

I am baffled.  As a profession we have a constant battle with individuals and business units who believe their records should be retained "permanently."  I generally counter with 10,000 years as a workable alternative.  They typically think I am nuts until I explain that 10,000 years is not nearly as long as the permanent retention timeframe being suggested.

Retaining the records necessary to show consistent application of the records retention requirements in disposals is one thing, retaining detailed records of the disposals as permanent records seems to be something we should avoid like the plague.  Not only would we be setting a bad example, we would be creating unnecessary risk and expense for the organization.

Bill Roach, CRM
Manager, Record Retention

Thoughts are my own and not those of my employer or any other individual or entity.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.