Sender:
From:
michel okenghe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:43:25 -0400
Hello Folks,

I do believe that the records owner is the BU who creates the record. it
does not matter where BU sends the records (information) or to whom but the
BU is the owner of it.

Let say I am in charge of Marketing Department as BU and someone (clerk)
creates a record (report) to be sent out to a third party and the clerk
asked me to sign the report prior to sending it out. So the *Marketing
Department will be the records owner of this report *and should make sure
to apply a correct retention period for records retention schedule purpose.

I believe that any document/information/data when declaring as "a records"
by a BU who creates it and this BU becomes the owner of it.

Thanks

Best regards to all of you.

Michel Okenghe
www.okemiinc.com