Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2017 18:27:12 +0000
From:
Dan Beard <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Louis,

I have more questions than answers, but it may help you scope your effort.
1. How much lead time do you have? You could have a disposition event and clean out the expired records and convenience copies per your policy and schedule.
2. Are the departments still using paper as the official record? I had a client that had mostly moved to electronic records and was able to shred over 60 tons of paper before the move. They had just not performed a disposition event. Once people get used to walking by hallways full of filing cabinets, they stop paying attention to them.
3. How much space will they get in the new location? Usually, the office filing space is downsized and you only get so much to work with. You can help them move to a more electronic world and maybe at least move more paper to an offsite storage model if you can eliminate it (e.g. keep 1 or 2 years onsite instead of 3 or 6 or 10).

Make sure your records management framework is in place and you can help them through this process to eliminate, consolidate, and update workflows to reduce your footprint and only move what you need.

Good Luck.
Dan

Dan Beard
Director, Information Governance
SourceAmerica
(o) (571)226-4653    (c)
NOTICE: This Message (that includes any attachments)
is for the exclusive and Confidential use of the intended recipient only. This
Message may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary,
protected by work product or other rules, or generally exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, review, copy,
disclose, or take any action in reliance on this Message. If you have received
this Message in error, please notify me immediately and promptly delete this
Message from your device(s). The contents of this Message are not intended and
should not be taken as legal or tax advice. The sender does not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this Message.
Neither this Notice, my typed signature block, nor anything else in this
Message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this Message