From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:57:27 -0600
Bill Roach wrote:

"I can understand subscriptions where I pay for the service, but signing in just so they know who I am is a bit puzzling. . . .
How do others on the list feel about the issue?"

I have two problems with this:

First of all, I can't remember all the logins and passwords for newspapers I would only occasionally look at.

Second, they always seem to ask questions about you, your income, interests and hobbies, and it won't process your request until you answer them.  I just want to read one article!

I've just decided that if I have to register, the article's not worth the trouble it takes to read it.  I know I miss some interesting articles, but it's not worth my time to fool with all that.

Tim Barnard, Land Records Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 868-1480