From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:25:18 -0700
Hi Jenna,

Here are some things that come immediately to mind.

- Preservation of electronic records (file format issues)
- Hardware obsolescence and digital preservation
- Increased difficulty in manual classification and taxonomy generation,
leading to advances in automation of same
- Collaborative tools that generate records (Wiki, blogs, IM, unified
messaging) and how to address them
- Integration between legacy and line of business systems and
EDMS/ERMS/EDRMS
- Decentralization not only of clients and records, but of systems that can
broker information using XML
- Audio, video, Flash animations as records: storage, retrieval, indexing,
categorization
- Pervasiveness of mobile devices (cell phones, PDA, others) and storage
options (USB flash drives, MP3 players, compact flash-type cards) and the
security and retention/disposition issues they present to RIM
- The "recordness" of electronic records: presentation vs. content vs.
structure

Don't have answers for many of these yet, and I'm sure there are a number
more that will come up from the list, but these are starting to occupy MY
time.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP