From:
Shirley Calvert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:15:29 -0500
I am looking for information on the average size of a Records Management
Department compared to total number of employees within a company.  For
example, how many supervisory and how many hourly employees do most
companies have in their RM Department and do those employees do imaging
and/or microfilming or is that type of work outsourced.  For example, we
are a consumer owned electric utility with a total of approximately 450
employees.  We have one supervisory employee, one hourly Group Leader,
and three hourly Records Management Assistants, plus we use occasional
temporary employees.  These people do everything that has to do with
records management including mail handling.  With the exception of
myself as the supervisor, everyone does a certain amount of scanning
documents into the imaging system.  We are also considering outsourcing
a backlog of records that need to be imaged because it is not possible
for our staff to keep up with current imaging and do the backlog too.  I
could not find anything similar to this in the Archives or on the ARMA
site.  If anyone knows of such a list that is available that would give
me company size and size of records management department, I would
appreciate it.  If not, I would appreciate that information from some
people on the list.  Thanks for your help.

Shirley H. Calvert
Administrative Services Manager
Hoosier Energy REC, Inc.
P.O. Box 908