Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:51:48 -0800
I  am the Corporate Records Manager at Merck & Co. Inc. and have been a
"lurker" on the Records Management List for a year or so.   We
currently have a records management position available.  Information on
our company and the position follows.  If you are interested in the
position, please contact us through the website and instructions
included at the end of the information below.

> Merck & Co., Inc., is a global leader in the research, development,
> manufacturing, and delivery of world-class pharmaceutical products and
> services. That's just one of the reasons we've consistently been
> recognized by Fortune as one of "America's Most Admired Companies." We
> currently have a rewarding opportunity available for a Lead Business
> Analyst,Records Management  in our Whitehouse Station, NJ location.

The Records Management group provides full records management services
to several divisions within the Corporation. This includes supporting
the RM program policy and procedures, providing expertise in the
development of Information Asset Inventories specific to the business
area along with business members of the division, working with
appointed liaisons to assure communication of the program objectives
and the completion of Corporate mandated activities to assure records
are managed in accordance with the business, legal and regulatory needs
of the division.   The incumbent will lead each business unit team in
defining the record classification, information sensitivity
classification, retention period and will be responsible for the
following:
•     Create a cohesive team of business area representatives  and
establish a service focused on business analysis processes and
techniques
         for identifying and classifying all records for the specific division.
•     Employ and disseminate consistent records management best practices
across the various business units served.
•     Coordinate with business records management liaisons to support their
needs and resource RM programs appropriately.
•     Ensure alignment between various divisions and the corporate Records
Management & Information Management initiatives.
•     Work directly with client areas to identify opportunities for process
improvement and enhanced use of technology.
•     Plan and lead records management teams with all levels of business
users.  Follow good records management practices and help clients
analyze,
        document and improve their current records management processes.
•     Manage the creation and maintenance of Information Asset Inventories
for all assigned divisional initiatives.
•     Coordinate with others in both the business area and the IS area to
establish tight linkages between records management needs and the
appropriate use of
        supporting infrastructure and tools to effectively and efficiently
support the records and information management of the business area,
experience with e-discovery a plus.
•     Provide excellent customer service with timely and accurate responses
to questions.
•     Contribute to the creation of  user documentation and coordination of
user training.
Success in this role will be based on performance against established
service levels and the ability to satisfy the mutually agreed upon
requirements in a timely, and cost effective manner.  Responsibility
for customer satisfaction and responsiveness to need is a key success
factor

> We offer a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a
> professional work environment with a high growth company. We are an
> Equal
> Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.

> To apply, please visit
> www.merck.com/careers <http://www.merck.com/careers> , create a profile
> and submit your credentials to requisition INF001457.

Trudy Downs
Corporate Records Manager
Merck & Co., Inc.