From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:04:20 -0600
All seem like good idea's.  In sounds to me like they've received the
pitch from our good friends at the lawrence-Jordan group.  This topic has
been discussed in the archives- Please check.  As for compliance it should
just be a part and continuation of a complete RIM program.  Enforcement
DOESN'T work-well maybe sometimes :) without the basic fundamentals being
in place and supported throughout your entire organization. If the program
is sound,user friendly and  training is in place such that all employee's
know what's expected of them then the compliance to or enforcement of the
program becomes part of the change philosophy and standard practice.  You
don't necessarily need the audit police standing over people or bullies
walking the halls.  I guess what I'mtrying to say is that if you truly
have a comprehensive program with good controls you shouldn't need a 3rd
party vendor sucking valuable/scarce resources out of your budgets for
enforcement.

I now return to my previous coughing fit

Steve