From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:10:15 -0500
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:56:46 -0800, Nemchek, Lee R. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>...in some ways you can liken records management in
> the private legal environment (law firms and corporate legal
> departments) to records management in other professional, unregulated,
> service industries such as, perhaps, architecture.  I'm thinking of
> professions where the practitioners organize themselves into
> partnerships and where they are not regulated by federal, state or local
> statute or regulation, only by professional codes of ethics.

if that is the case then why couldn't a session during the regular
conference be done that addresses issues common to these type of
businesses not just the legal profession? we're talking consultancies,
engineering firms, medical practices, any type of LLP/LLC could learn
from what happens in the Legal RM field.

The word 'myopic' springs to mind when discussing issues such as
these. We become so narrowly focused on our own industry that we fail
to realize that our troubles/issues might be similar to someone else's
in an entirely different field. This is where the idea of paradigm
shifting or 'thinking outside of the box' comes into play.

Peterk