From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:42:41 -0500
I've been watching the discussion and hope that it will also be reflected in
the ARMA Member Forum (just to ensure that it catches plenty of people).  I
think that the evident desire for more specialized knowledge transfer /
training / education makes sense, and have always thought that the ISGs
provided a very good avenue for such training and education....... I hope
that the current ARMA Board and current candidates will all take note of the
discussion, see if we can confirm that these thoughts are shared fairly
broadly and incorporate the discussion issues within the Association's
strategies for the future......

As for the former member who left due to some frustration, I'm not sure that
merely leaving ARMA will improve your situation.  I would hope that you
would reconsider, and rejoin with a focus on helping the rest of us
strengthen the ISG offerings.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+

P.S.  I'd also include state and local government in the area that has some
specialization and to which specific and sometimes different statutes and
regulations apply.