From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:16:45 -0500
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:47:14 -0500, Mike Purington
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anybody remember a story about a third party storage vendor having a
> disaster at their facility in recent years?  What kind of compensation did
> the customers get for their material being destroyed?  Is there an
> industry standard?  Thanks for your help.

There have been several incidents, but the one you are most probably
searching for is the Diversified Records fire. Two clients were
awarded over $20 million each for their losses. Search the listserv
archives for postings on it. The plaintiffs attorneys gave a
presentation at the Boston conference on the trial and I believe did a
webinar for ARMA

for your convenience and for others here is a link ot a google search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22diversified+records%22+fire&btnG=Google+Search

http://shrinkster.com/3p3

PeterK