From:
Shirley Calvert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:56:44 -0500
We have certain records (newsletters, for example) that contain color
pictures that we must image in color.  The pictures lose a lot of detail
if we image them on a black and white scanner.  We have a Canon DR-9080C
color scanner.  We save our black and white images in TIFF compressed,
but saving a color image in that format takes up a considerable amount
of space.  JPEG results in significantly smaller files but from what I
have been told is a lossy file type so that what you image and what you
save are not equal.  We can, however, choose a quality level of 80 or
higher to make the image less lossy.   We need to know which one of
these two options would be the best for us to use or are there other
options available to us?

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my requests recently.  I
appreciate the help very much.

Shirley H. Calvert
Administrative Services Manager
Hoosier Energy REC, Inc.