From:
Mike Purington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:58:58 -0500
The reason I ask those questions is at the beginning of the year our
off-site vendor contract was renewed.  I noticed that in the contract it
was stated that if our boxes were destroyed that we would be compensated
$1.00 per box.  I thought that was very inadequate for what type of
material those boxes contain.  Now this contract was signed by our
purchasing department before the Records Dept. was started for our
division or my boss and I were hired.  It fell to us just last year.  I
like a lot of the questions that Steve Richards posed.  Here are some
follow-up questions of my own:

Is a $1.00 a box the vendor standard?
Are the vendors willing to provide more coverage?  At what added cost to
the customers?

Thanks

Mike Purington, CRM, CDIA
Records Management
Abbott Laboratories - Ross Products Division
614-624-4339