From:
Michael Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:29:21 -0700
Call me crazy but...

Out of curiosity I wanted to try and establish a personal connection with Don S. so I sent him an e-mail in a quizzical tone and not unsympathetic.  What I received back not only puzzles me but invoked a very powerful X-file sensation because it seemed to be an automated response.   I searched on Google to find his e-mail domain name and I came up with an advanced computing group called "CSAIL" that is affiliated with MIT.  CSAIL is a motherload of computer geekiness (although, judging by their pictures they encompassed the entire spectrum of human features) and suddenly a big lightbulb went off directly over my head.  Saklad is an anagram for Dalaks.  If you want to play the game further, Don is a sort of old fashioned shorthand for professor and Warner maybe a crude way of punning "watch out"!  A search of names throughout the entire MIT site does yield a Saklad but not Don Warner and he or she does not appear to be associated with CSAIL or its sub-sister group out of Zurich which seems to be even geekier.

My way out theory is this...someone at CSAIL, or its Zurich subgroup, is having us on, folks with an RM AI bot.  I dare D.S. to come out and prove he is a flesh and blood person.  Otherwise all that stuff about Bernie and his boys at BPL is just a teaser to make the rest of us think he is a lunatic until somebody like Bill M. finally have had enough and they aggressively respond.  This throws the Dalak into another mode and the boys and girls at CSAIL are testing to see how their creation responds.  Not so bad until I try to be a bit human and all he can say is "Thank you for your interest Michael Sharpe".  The other clue is D.S. use of language which is elegantly formal but quite like anything I have ever read or heard.  The use of the word "collegial" for example is understandable but, it seems to me, highly unusual and almost stunning in its original application.

Anyway, enough of this foolishness and back the infinitely more daunting world of RIM.

Michael Sharpe