From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:04:37 -0400
On 4/13/05, Irene Eklund <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am also fairly new to Records Management (I was originally a file
> clerk and started managing the records department of my law firm early
> last year).  All questions posed by Kirk are questions that are also on
> my mind.  In addition, I have the following questions to add . . .

Irene raises a good point here. Is this session to be about the law or
how to run a records management program for a law firm. Based upon the
a two-day pre-con. I don't think you can adequately address everything
in a single session or even a double session. I took paralegal
training oh-so-many years ago 2 nights a week for a solid year, and
was amazed at what was covered.

If you do it as  two day pre-con you could have the following sessions

1. Legislative process
2. Litigation - federal and state
3. Contracts and statutes of limitations
4. Legal research - case law, statutes, regulations, citations
5. Legal history - how the American legal system developed and what
makes it different
6. Legal terminology
7. Evidentiary Rules and Records Management

Just my two cents worth (and thanks Doug for expanding upon my earlier thoughts)

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va