From:
Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:32:07 -0400
Please look into the censoring of city council minutes at
http://cityofboston.gov/citycouncil

a. Stenographic records of the public stenographers' machine that
   record the debate in our Boston City Council are censored.

b. The brevity of the edited minutes make it too difficult for most
   people to understand the transactions, the proceedings of the city
   council.

c. There is no cross reference for the docket numbers.

d. Matters are referred to so generally that it is ambiguous what many
   items mentioned in the minutes are actually about.

e. The 1) city clerk, the 2) assistant city clerks or
   the 3) council staff director are adamant in their denial regarding
   the predicament of the too brief council minutes.

f. The city clerk, the assistant city clerks or the council staff
   director do not have adequate time, do not make adequate time to
   respond to enquiries regarding clarification of the council
   minutes.

g. The city clerk, the assistant city clerks or the council staff
   director intimidate people or require that you be ingratiated to
   them when enquiries are made.

h. The city clerk, the assistant city clerks or the council staff
   director make enquiries very difficult for people interested,
   concerned or affected by our city council by not responding in a
   welcoming manner and fully to enquiries.

i. The city clerk, once a city councilor who advocated open
   government, has turned and closed off access to the full minutes of
   our Boston City Council, the records of the stenographic machine,
   the records of the the council stenographer(s).

j. Many have experienced a City Hall that is unwelcoming, closed off
   to enquiries, intimidates and requires ingratiation to get even
   minimal response.