From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:32:18 -0400
We send a notice to the Divisions listing the records eligible to be
destroyed on a certain date, list the date, and requesting them to sign
acknowledging they have been notified.  If they have reason to hold any
of the boxes from destruction, they are required to submit the hold in
writing with a valid reason.  They are also offered the opportunity to
look through any of their boxes to refresh their memories of content
(although we rarely have a request to do so).  They have 3 weeks prior
to destruction to return the signed form.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division