From:
Arthur Medrano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:52:00 -0700
Hi Everyone,

While this is not a records-related post, it is related the list's
ongoing discussion about the disaster in New Orleans and surrounding
region.  I think that most of you will be interested in this
information.

In September 2002, NPR's All Things Considered radio show had a
two-part report on New Orleans and the threat it faced if stuck by a
Category 5 Hurricane.  This audio report included interviews with
Army Corps of Engineers and emergency services personnel.  I heard
this report when it originally-aired and it was chilling to hear it
back then.  Yesterday, when the disaster was unfolding for all the
world to see, I remembered this news report.  It is a very
informative radio report as it discusses in detail what is occuring
right now in that city, yet it was made three years ago.

Both parts of the report are available for free from the NPR archives
via streaming audio.  You will need Real Audio Player to listen to
it.  I had my wife listen to it last night, so I know it was working
then.  Here is the link to Part One of the report:

<http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1150366>

Regards,

Arthur Medrano
Los Angeles, CA