From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:43:06 -0500
This question is for List posters, not for Peter or the List administrators.  They already know about the problems I had in posting my reply to Chris, Bruce, et al.

Have any of you copied from the List archives into a new message text the headers (To, From, Date, Subject ) and part of the text from a previously posted message?  (I don't mean the partial header that is generated by hitting reply.  I mean an actual copy and paste from the List archives)  I did that with Bill Roach's October 27th message in the message I attempted to post.  I also did that with my recent "Link to 'Predicting the Future'" message.  The version with the copied header did not go through; the version with the URL, only, did.

I'm wondering if the fragment of an "already distributed" message is what blocked my message to Chris, Bruce and the List from being distributed.  I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of those of you who have more knowledge than I about servers, filters, etc.  (No, if nothing else, this posting shows that I don't know everything, LOL.  And I hope you all take this as a "no such thing as a dumb question" question.).  Off list responses welcome, no need to bother the rest of the List.

Thanks!

Maarja