From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:39:36 -0800
Not sure what you are talking about Chris.

When I mention regulations in this thread it is as record retention
requirements by regulatory agencies; these go into the matrix mix of
retention factors;
admin/oper;
fiscal;
legal;
regulatory;
and historic.

I do all my regulatory research online.  When I mention published, I am
referring to publishing the information online.  Publish does not
connotate a specific media.  If the regulatory agency does not publish
requirements, then there is none.  (The IRS tries to bend that all the
time.)

Later

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/07/05 08:56AM >>>
Steve,

I unfortunately have to disagree with you. I would place the
regulations
in the reference library. They impact the organization but hey are the
organizations records. The organization does not schedule them. They
are
kept until superceded and the office/agency of origin is responsible
for
scheduling the regs.

Chris Flynn