From:
"Gerard J. Nicol" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:26:59 +1100
Peter,

In this respect IT is no different to any other business unit, and in fact
many IT decisions are unfortunately made outside of IT.

I remember working for an airline company on their Y2K project, and all
sorts of business units came out of the woodwork with their own IT stuff.
In one case the engineering department had a mainframe that was not even
know to the "IT" department.

Gerard